Being seriously injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another party can have significant financial, physical, and emotional consequences for years to come. If you have been hurt because of someone else’s actions, you should consider your legal options, because you may be entitled to significant compensation for the burdens you have faced.
When you are injured in an accident and wish to bring a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party, your first step is to meet with a personal injury attorney. Most people have never been involved in a situation like this before and are unsure of what is expected of them. At the initial meeting with your personal injury attorney, it is important to make sure that you bring everything you have related to the accident. A few examples of documentation you may want to bring can include:
- Photographs of the accident scene and vehicles (if an automobile accident);
- Photographs of physical injuries you sustained in the accident;
- Copies of all medical reports related to your injuries (ex: diagnosis, treatment plan, prognosis for recovery);
- Records of all expenses related to the injury (ex: prescriptions, parking costs, transportation, property repairs, medical bills, rehabilitation costs, etc.);
- Police reports of the accident if there are any;
- All unpaid bills related to the injuries; and
- Details from the insurance company about all parties in the accident.
Along with this documentation, it is also a good idea to bring as much contact information as you can. This will help your attorney gather necessary information for your case. Provide contact information for yourself, your doctor(s), accident witnesses if there are any, representatives from the insurance company, and anyone else who is involved in the case. It is always better to come prepared with too much information than too little. This information can help tremendously in providing you with the best possible legal representation. Contact our firm today to schedule your consultation.
If you or someone you know was involved in a personal injury accident and wishes to speak with a skilled attorney, contact the Law Office of Christopher T. Howell, Esq. today.