Personal Injury Attorneys in Bloomfield, NJ
Getting injured in an accident can be devastating and have long-term impacts. These situations are especially upsetting when the accident could have been avoided if another party wasn’t acting negligently. The Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq. understands the seriousness of an injury caused by the negligence of another party and is here to help. Our firm is committed to guiding you through each step of the personal injury claims process in an effort to recover the best possible compensation award.
Our firm handles all personal injury matters, including, but not limited to:
- Auto Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Liquor Liability
- Product Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
We will worry about recovering compensation on your behalf while you worry about recovering from your injuries. Contact the Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq. today to discuss your case.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
The residents of New Jersey rely on their vehicles to get where they need to go. Vehicles come in a variety of options, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more. The unfortunate reality is that New Jersey’s roads are congested and people don’t always drive as safely as they should. When a driver is being negligent, they may cause a motor vehicle accident to occur, which often results in serious injuries that can haunt a victim for the remainder of his or her life. Some of the many auto accidents our firm has experience handling include:
- Car accidents:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
- Mass transit accidents
Slip and Fall Accidents
Owning a property is a big responsibility. One of the most important roles of being a property owner is to ensure that there are no hazards present that may cause another person to become injured. Unfortunately, not all property owners are diligent in their maintenance as they should be. Some of the many premises liability accidents that our firm has experience handling include the following:
- Elevator accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Inadequate security accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Supermarket accidents
Personal injury cases are not limited to those involving motor vehicle accidents and premises liability matters. At the Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq., we are committed to helping you handle a variety of other personal injury matters, including:
- Construction Accidents: It seems like New Jersey is always under construction, whether it be commercial buildings, roads, or homes. Unfortunately, accidents frequently happen on construction sites and when they do, workers and bystanders can become seriously injured. If you have been seriously injured on a construction site, it is important to think about your legal options.
- Dog Bites: The relationship between humans and their dogs cannot be disputed. Dogs are considered members of families throughout New Jersey. Some people even view their dogs as their children. Dogs, when trained, are generally very well behaved. Unfortunately, when a dog owner fails to properly train their dog, they can lash out on another person and cause serious harm.
- Liquor Liability Cases: While many people enjoy drinking alcohol and do so safely, others fail to consider the safety of themselves and those around them while they are intoxicated. The unfortunate reality is that intoxicated individuals often cause property damage and injuries to other people. When an intoxicated person makes the decision to drive, the results can be fatal. In some cases, the establishment that continued to serve the intoxicated individual can be held liable.
- Product Liability Cases: The public puts a great deal of trust into the companies that sell us products. We only buy things that we believe are safe as long as they are used properly. Manufacturers and product designers have an important duty in making sure no one gets injured by a defective product that they let slip through the cracks. Defective products can cause very serious injuries to an innocent user.
- Workers’ Compensation: When an employee goes to work, rarely do they fear that they will become seriously injured. Even jobs that do have certain hazards take great safety measures to ensure that the workers don’t get hurt. If you have been injured on the job in New Jersey, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits through your employer.
- Wrongful Death: The unexpected death of a loved one is truly devastating. In some of the worst tragedies, a company or another individual can be blamed for the innocent person’s death. If you have lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligence, it is important to consider your legal options.
Why do I need a Personal Injury Attorney?
It is critical to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney if you plan to take legal action. Tort law in New Jersey requires you to prove that the party you are taking legal action against was negligent and breached a duty of care. This is known as the burden of proof. It isn’t always easy to prove that the other party was negligent. An experienced attorney from the Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq. can assess all aspects of your case. We can conduct investigations and bring in experts, if necessary, to hold the other party accountable. Additionally, we will ensure that all of your paperwork in this very document-heavy process is filed appropriately and that all deadlines are met. If you need an effective legal team who is committed to fighting for an award of maximum compensation, contact our firm today.
Contact a NJ Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another party and are considering your legal options, it is important to consult with an experienced attorney. The Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq. is here to help. Contact our firm today for strong legal representation.