How Can I Renew My Green Card in New Jersey?

The renewal process can be stressful. If you would like to learn more about it and how you can renew your Green Card in the most efficient way, reach out to our experienced New Jersey immigration attorneys today.

How do I get my Green Card renewed?

In order to start the Green Card renewal process, you fill out a Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card either online or through a paper application. Also, please note that the paper application must be submitted through the mail once finished. If you have possession of a previous version of the alien registration card, you must replace it with your current Green Card as soon as you are able to. If you would like to learn more about this process, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today to speak with one of our skilled immigration attorneys.

Can I renew my Green Card outside of the United States?

If your Green Card is set to expire within 6 months, but you will be back in the United States within one year of you leaving, you will need to file for the renewal card when coming back. If you have not applied for the renewal card before you left the United States, then you must reach out to a United States Consulate, USCIS office, or a United States port of entry before you are authorized to file a Form I-90 for renewal. Contact our firm if you have any questions.

What should I do if my Green Card application is denied?

If you have been rejected for your renewal application, you are not able to appeal it. But, you may have the ability to file a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the office that originally decided that you were ineligible for renewal.

It is in your best interest to hire the services of an experienced immigration attorney if your renewal was denied. With the help of a skilled attorney, he or she can help you obtain, collect, and present all the evidence needed to show that the decision to deny your application was based on an incorrect application of the law. If you would like to file a motion, reach out to a dedicated immigration attorney for guidance. At the Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq., our legal team is ready to lead you through this process.

Contact an Experienced Immigration Attorney in NJ

If you or a loved one is facing challenges presented by immigration laws in the United States, our firm can help. No matter the situation, we are ready to assess your case and give you trusted legal advice. With so much on the line, it is important to work with a legal team you can count on. Our firm is committed to staying up to date on all of the changes being made to immigration law in the United States. We make it a priority to know how these changes may impact our clients. Contact the Law Offices of Christopher T. Howell, Esq. today to discuss your case.